top of page
EveHopkinsonPhotography-965_edited.jpg

The Perfect Place

WEDDINGS | PRIVATE FUNCTIONS | & MORE

A Warm Welcome

Situated in picturesque Thrybergh Park, spanning over a hundred acres, Thrybergh Hall has been welcoming guests for over 200 years. The main entrance to the Grade II listed property is found down a half mile stretch of private tree lined driveway. It's hard to believe that you are in such close proximity of the four metropolitan boroughs of South Yorkshire making it the perfect place for a wide variety of events and private functions.

 

The floor plan lends itself nicely to create larger spaces using the interconnecting doors. All have Wi-Fi access enabling connectivity for all your needs. Rooms on the ground floor consist of the Jack Hulley Suite, Fullerton Room and the 19th Bar whilst the Boardroom is situated upstairs.

Upcoming Events

  • 13 Jul 2024, 19:00 – 23:00
    Thrybergh Hall, Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU, UK
    To book, please email events@rotherhamgolfclub.com. Alternatively give us a call on 01709 850466 (Option 2).
  • 11 Aug 2024, 12:00 – 16:00
    Thrybergh Hall, Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU, UK
    Savour the flavours of our renowned Sunday Lunch. To book, please email events@rotherhamgolfclub.com. Alternatively give us a call on 01709 850466 (Option 2).
  • 24 Aug 2024, 15:00 – 22:00
    Thrybergh Hall, Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU, UK
    Book online at
  • 29 Nov 2024, 19:00 – 23:30
    Thrybergh, Golf Club, Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh, Rotherham S65 4NU, UK
    Don't miss out on the holiday magic – book your Festive Party Night today and avoid disappointment! To secure your booking or for more information, contact Annah at: 📞 01709 850466 (Option 4) 📧 events@rotherhamgolfclub.com

Facilities

CarPark.png

Car park

Toilet.png

Toilet

CivilCeremoniesLicence.png

Civil weddings licence

Food.png

Catering

WiFi.png

Wi-Fi

HotDrink.png

Hot and Cold Drinks

AvailableForFunctions.png
Showers.png

Event/room  hire

Showers

Access

DesignatedParking.png

Designated parking

AccessibleToilet.png

Accessible toilet

DropOffPoint.png

Drop-off point

LevelAccessFood.png

Level access catering

RampedAccess.png

Ramped/sloped access

SeatingAvailable.png

Seating available

Steeped in History

The name Thrybergh is believed to have its roots in the Anglo-Saxon period, but no substantial explanation can be given as to its exact origin. In the Domesday Book it is referred to as Triberga. It can be concluded from early records that a ‘Lord of the Manor’ existed at Thrybergh at the time of the Saxon King Edward the Confessor (1004-1066) and one can imagine a small, self-supporting community clustered round the manor house and the church which lay within sixty yards of each other.

After the conquest in 1066, the successful Normans abolished the existing network of landowners and lords and the Thrybergh estate passed to William de Perci. The Perci's held the seat until about 1200 when it passed to the Normanvilles. Adam de Normanville, who is known to have been living at Thrybergh in 1279 died without issues and the estate passed to his sister who had married Ralph de Reresby.

The following 400 years saw an unbroken succession of 16 generations of Reresbys occupying Thrybergh. The estate passed relatively briefly to the Saville-Finch family between 1706 and 1809 but then as was often common, passed to a relative due to a childless marriage. That is how the estate came into the Fullerton family, with whom the estate is most closely associated today.

After almost a hundred years The ‘Old Hall’ needed extensive repair and was becoming quite unsafe to live in. An estimate showed that it would be more costly to repair than it would be to build a new house. Consequently, in 1811, an architect was commissioned, a new site chosen on the estate, and work began, which was to result in the distinguished Gothic style mansion we know today. The ‘Old Hall’ was demolished and no visible evidence of its existence now remains.

The Fullerton family took possession of the new Hall in 1813/14. This is what we refer to as Thrybergh Hall today. Regarded as being among the most beautiful mansions in the area, it afforded spacious accommodation: four main reception rooms, twenty-two bedrooms, ancillary rooms, and servants’ quarters. Col. John Skipworth Herbert Fullerton was the last of the family to live at Thrybergh, leaving in 1896 to take up residence at Noblethorpe Hall and the estate opened as a Golf Club on April 23rd, 1903.

bottom of page